Saturday, October 22, 2005

A great day for a footrace

So it wasn't quite as dramatic as "Chariots of Fire" (especially not that scene where they race around the quad to the chiming church bells), but it was a great day for a race at Wellesley College today.

The skies were overcast ("omnivorous", as a confused dj bubbily misnomed on the radio this morning) and we were graced with a barely detectable drizzle and a sea of golden leaves. Aw, autumn...so pretty...

The conditions were perfect, and even my inability to fall asleep the past two nights and abdominal pains in the third mile weren't enough to hold me back. I ran a personal best of 20:40 for the course (by over 2 minutes...zing!) and was just 5 seconds shy of my all time cross country 5K PR (which was on a course that was actually a tenth of a mile short).

So...fantastic! I loved running around the lake. It was so pretty and...I said that already, didn't I?

Here's a picture of my awesome and dedicated friends who made the schlep (either from their dorm or from Cambridge) to the race to see me run.
Wellesley Invitational 2005

On a completely unrelated note: Homemade guacamole is the best thing ever...and so easy to make. I think this could be trouble...

No comments: