Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Things that are fantastic

I've already mentioned how it's very fashionable in Korean grocery stores to tape "goodies" onto merchandise. Here are a few recent purchases:
- a wine glass taped to a bottle of Yellow Tail
- much needed earmuffs and gloves taped to boxes of cereal (Choco-Chex and Oreo Cereal)

Also, I bought some fresh-baked green bread. After eating some, I am not sure what gives it its fantastic color.

I made a sandwich tonight with the green bread, peanut butter (smuggled in from the United States thanks to Paul), honey, banana, and chocolate chips. Slap the whole thing in a frying pan with some butter and it's one fantastic meal. Honestly, there really isn't anything better.

Oh, by the way, my vacation was also fantastic.

Near my school, there's a massive dirty grey comforter dangling by a tree branch. It's been swaying a few meters above the sidewalk for a couple of weeks now. When I run or walk past, I never go directly under it.

My favorite recently-read book is Salman Rushdie's The Moor's Last Sigh. Stop by Gwangju and I'll lend it to you.

No comments: