Friday, September 13, 2013

With all the heft of a grizzly bear

As you may or may not know, I seem to have ended up in Fort Sumner, New Mexico (population: 1,031). I have work to fill my days (and running, and cycling...), but I also have a lot of free time. So I decided to fill it with some exercises from The Daily Create, which is part of a free, online digital media course I stumbled upon.

Instead of doing today's create, I chose a recent one I found more intriguing: Celebrate the 600th Daily Create by expressing "600" in a drawing that doesn't use numbers.

 Some ideas to illustrate 600 as...

  • ...an age (think: Methuselah)
  • ...a crowd of people/insects/deer
  • ...discrete feathers, or frogs, or pieces of popcorn (popped v. unpopped kernels, by volume, could be interesting)
  • ....a weight. Hmmm, what weighs 600 lbs?
A grizzly bear!
He's kind of nervous about getting weighed at the doctor's office, for obvious reasons.

And of course, a grizzle bear would have a driver's license. I used "600" in here but...who cares?

1 comment:

Alan said...

This is awesome! What a great style and detail. Welcome tot he Daily Creates, and exercise I think surpasses running.

At least the bear is honest about his weight on the drivers license... Mine is less honest (or I blame it on Arizona which gives me 20 years to renew a license).

Keep on drawing.